Photo
- - - - -

How do I remove Powered By Clipshare from Video?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Skier

Skier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:18 PM

Any help? :)

#2 symtab

symtab

ClipShare Staff

• Moderators
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

Hi,

Buy the Player Rebranding service.

#3 Mitch2556

Mitch2556

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:22 AM

1. Does anyone know if you can change the actual logo after rebranding service, or do you have to have the new logo design rebranded into the player again by clipshare?

2. Does logo rebranding apply only to the embedded player or does it also apply to the main player?

Thx

#4 Joe100

Joe100

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:50 AM

Sure buy the Buy the Player Rebranding service. no big deal, I mean big deal 50 bucks yea so what its something small its a good way to get your money ;) Lol I believe you just need to edit it with FLASH. When I get my laptop fixed I'll check.

#5 symtab

symtab

ClipShare Staff

• Moderators
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:22 PM

Hi,

1. You need to send the logo to clipshare again if you want to change the logo.

2. It applies to both players.

#6 Mitch2556

Mitch2556

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for your reply.

Before I submit my logo for rebranding:

What is the reccommended size for the main player logo and the embedded player logo?

Thanks

#7 eguy

eguy

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:55 AM

Its the holidays, so I guess the logo support servciewill be delayed for awhile.

The re-branding was done, and the logo that I wanted for both my (two sites) clipsshare sites are great, but when the video screened is right clicked besides the Adobe standard info, a Powered by Chipshare is there, anyone else have this issue and solution?

#8 secretsau

secretsau

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:09 AM

I just installed the logo rebranding service, added the logo!! and still shows: " Powered by Clip-Share "!!! anyone else have this issue and solution?

#9 secretsau

secretsau

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:58 PM

someone please answer my question??

#10 Mitch2556

Mitch2556

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

Somewhere in this forum there is a thread regarding setting a menu value to false or blank... (I'm not sure at this point), so when you right click you no longer see "powered by clipshare".

It works fine with flashplayer 9, however when I recently tried flashplayer 10, the code fix no longer works and now the "powered by clipshare" has reappeard.

If anyone knows the fix to this I would greatly appreciate it.

#11 elektric

elektric

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:37 AM

I tried sending 2 support tickets to CS people with no response, I need to remove the "Powered by Clipshare" when I right-click the player. I am even looking for an alternate player, if you know of something simple I can use I will appreciate it.

#12 Joe100

Joe100

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:44 AM

Apparently you guys you need to get Adobe Flash CS3 and than you need to learn how to use it. But before that you have to spend 1,000 for the program or! just download the crack http://isohunt.com/t...cs3?tab=summary

#13 elektric

elektric

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:03 AM

Joe100, thank you for your advise, unfortunetely what we are talking about here is not a matter of knowing flash or not, I am a master web developer and such .swf (vplayer.swf) file can be disassembled, yes, but I invite you to put it back together and make it work, but lets stay within the rules, no cracking for now, I need the vplayer.swf file free of leashes to CS, I paid for it, didn't I?...

#14 eguy

eguy

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:18 PM

Hi,

Clipshare support (re-branding dept as I remember) informed me that this was not allowed or could not be removed from the player for the version (4.0 Pro) that I have, only removal of Powered by from other location such as the footer and the placement of the logo was what was paid for.

I too would like to have that "Powered by Clipshare" gone from the player on right click, was going to get replacement from someone who makes players for Clishare scripts that is fairly well known within this forum (positive and negative reviews on his approach to customer relations potentials), but based on the interaction of him and some of the forum members, I decided to stay with the clipshare player.

However, it is found out that CS will removed this for an additional fee, I will pony up the cash. :mrgreen:

#15 Joe100

Joe100

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

Well looks like Clip-Share lied! Now that gets to me, if you look at their license agreement they are obviously lying to us. in that document it says the following:

We reserve the right to include the "Flash Video Player by Clip-Share.Com" text/link on every copy of the Flash Video Player included in the ClipShare software. The "Flash Video Player by Clip-Share.Com" text/link can be removed along with Flash Video Player logo (watermark) rebranding by paying a small fee mentioned on the website/documentation.

Obviously you paid for it! Why is it still there? I'm sick of Clip-Share's false advertising :(

#16 Joe100

Joe100

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:10 PM

I am going to make a list of the false things I see :|

#17 Justicewatch

Justicewatch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:14 AM

I agree with Joe, the payment for re-branding appears to have covered removing the Powered by from the player was paid for by those of you who have paid for re-branding.

I will be monitoring this topic and if there seems to be reason do so, I will create a forum for all who would like to view there grievances with Cliphare with fear of reprisals and edits from this forum.

I am not in the business of doing this often, but when I see where people purchase something by company and does not deliver because they think the small individuals can not fight back, then I will offer to help.

I have the resource and I am willling to use them for this venture.

I am asking CS to do the right think, and honor your own re-branding policy and allow those who paid for the re-branding right to do so as it would seemed the "small fee_ for such removal has been paid by some who still can not remove the "powered by from there player"

Regardless if my entry is removed or not, I will monitor this issue, and if I see no resolve, I will create the forum for all who have valid complaints on this CS issue as well as others, to voice them in that forum.

I also have friends who are part of this issue with CS which is anothr reason for my involvement, so I will be kept abreast.

CS, please do the right thing, and clarify your policy on the player re-branding, and other issues where complaints seemed to suggest misleading contracts.

Who in their right mind would want a player display "Powered by Clipshare" on right click of the player when he or she paid for re-branding so that they can have a personalized web video sharing site that reflects their brand.

Enough people can also hire layers pro-bono for this issue as well.

#18 dargre

dargre

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:30 AM

Be serious.
If rebranding was ordered, I see no reason so ClipShare didn't remove Copyright link by intention. I'm sure they simply forgot to do it. All we are only humans.

As a player developer, it also happened to me several times so I forgot of few details, but really it was never my intention, and I always repair my fault with apologize.
Lately I decided to include copyright removal and own logo by default, as it was only a trouble when ordered later.

- D

#19 Joe100

Joe100

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:26 PM

Hi,

Clipshare support (re-branding dept as I remember) informed me that this was not allowed or could not be removed from the player for the version (4.0 Pro) that I have, only removal of Powered by from other location such as the footer and the placement of the logo was what was paid for.

That sounds logical of course we all make mistakes but according to eguy I don't think it wasn't a mistake and they don't remove it?

#20 secretsau

secretsau

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:29 AM

the "powered by clip-share" is removed on flash player 9, but somehow when you install flash player 10 it reappears??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users