• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 toben88

toben88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:54 PM

Digging through the code I see smarty was used to edit the template.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for steps to find and use the editing with smarty.

#2 alberto

alberto

• Customers
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

YES! good question, did you find the answer?
how do I move things around clipshare in simple words?
According to the little I know Smarty has this power.

#3 chris

chris

Forum Advisor

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:41 PM

You can edit smarty in most programs like;

notepad, wordpad, html-kit (which i use), dreamweaver ect...

It's basically a html file with smarty functions (called from php files) this seperates the PHP from the HTML and makes skinning easier as it's not as jumbled.

#4 wholepearl

wholepearl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:06 PM

The important line in life is not the position which stands, but the direction which faces. turquoise glass bead jewelryasian nomads turquoise jewelryasian nomads turquoise jewelryblack & turquoise colored jewelryblack & turquoise colored jewelry

#5 doncht

doncht

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

Digging through the code I see smarty was used to edit the template.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for steps to find and use the editing with smarty.

hi buddy, I was trying to set something up like this myself. Have you found any luck on this yet?
ClipShare always.

#6 erictwen

erictwen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:20 AM

Even I was looking for the same, it seems there's no one using smarty these days

#7 alexstorm

alexstorm

Verified Member

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

I do alot with smarty.  You have to ask around.  There are others.  Be careful, small changes here and there that have to do with Smarty updates and PHP, should be really needed and thought through before changing the site. You should allow extra time for testing across many browser types and possibly with smart phones responsive tests.  Sometimes poorly designed logic causes other problems.  Changes should be handled by a code developer and go through code review, testing and beta testing to users.  Ask yourself what features are worth making this effort.  If you look through the forum, there should be a lot of mods available, some paid and some free. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users