Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

ClipShare and Dolphin...


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cagefilm

cagefilm

    Member

  • Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

I have a Dolphin site and am trying to set ClipShare up as the video section on the site.

Anyone else have experience with these 2 scripts running together?

So far I have all installed and linked up but have some mysql issues that are preventing me from connecting to the Clipshare section.

the Dolphin site has an sql database setup, do I need to run the clipshare one on the same database just import the sql file for CS or should I run a seperate sql database and user for CS?

At the moment, if I try to import the CS sql file into the existing mysql that the dolphin site runs on it gives errors and wil not import.

Tried a seperate database etc but just says it cant connect.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

#2 terenteee

terenteee

    Member

  • Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

it's really not important what database you use. The script can work both ways. The most important thing is to bridge the user database tables and login to have one login for both websites.

#3 tobiasswede

tobiasswede

    Member

  • Customers
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:59 AM

A little tip about dolphin.

I would consider to use phpfox instead. We tried to build sites with dolphin but it was so full of bugs that it was a complete mess. If you invest 299 usd you get a script with paid developers delivering a more stable network. Just my suggestion.

Been there-done that. Never again.

#4 terenteee

terenteee

    Member

  • Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:41 AM

A little tip about dolphin.

I would consider to use phpfox instead. We tried to build sites with dolphin but it was so full of bugs that it was a complete mess. If you invest 299 usd you get a script with paid developers delivering a more stable network. Just my suggestion.

Been there-done that. Never again.


confirmed, phpfox is superior

#5 MarinaOr

MarinaOr

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:51 PM

I named it Dolphin because that's what the module is named. The xml file was named Nintendo Gamcube from the hyperlist, but I changed it to Dolphin also. I was assuming it needed to be name the same as the module. I'll try to change it an see what happens.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users